[X2Go-User] Error resuming x2go "published applications" session from a different machine

Prasad Annadata avkvprasad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:59:59 CEST 2015

I use two different client machines (both run ubuntu, one is 32 bit and one
is 64 bit if that matters). X2goserver is running on a 32 bit ubuntu
machine.  I am trying to connect from client-1 an x2go published
application session, suspend it and resume the same session from a
client-2.  I keep getting the following error.

Failed to restore all the required screen depths.

Can't resume the NX session on this display.

I looked up the error, but I am not able to find a recent discussion on
this error and suggested work-arounds involve giving up on the session and
creating a new session, which beats my original purpose.

I have verified that both client machines run at 24 bit color depth.

Any ideas?