[X2Go-User] X2go server does not work correctly when installed after nomachine nxserver 3.5.x

Wendell Nichols wendellcnichols at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:07:07 CEST 2015

I attempted to replace the nomachine 3.5 product on my Centos 6.6 servers
with an X2go server, but I cannot log on to it.  The popup error is:

Connection failed xset: unable to open display "" xset: unable to open
display ""

Most of the advice about this error suggests that ssh X remoting is not
working, but I've verified that it is useing either an exported DISPLAY or
the -X option.
However; if I logon as root it works!  If I create a NEW user on the server
and logon to that it works.  I just can't logon to a user that used to run
NX!  I took a problem user's home dir and moved it, and created an empty
home, and x2go logs on correctly.
So its something to do with the settings in the old home dirs as established
by NX I suppose but I can't figure out what.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance
wendell nichols