[X2Go-User] Kerberos and X at Go Mac Client

David Ritch david.ritch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:20:43 CEST 2015

I’m having trouble with Kerberos authentication with a Mac client.  I am using x2goclient-4.0.4.0-preview2 on a Mac running OS X 10.9.5, connecting to Ubuntu 14.0.4 running x2goserver-4.0.1.19.  Here are the symptoms:

1) Connecting with kerberos and ssh works fine.  I run kinit to get my tgt, and then ssh works without prompting for any sort of authentication.
2) When I tell X2Go to authenticate using kerberos, it connects without apparent error, but my keyboard mapping is bizarre (and pretty much useless).
3) When I tell X2Go to use the default authentication, it waits for some time (maybe 30 sec or 1 min), and pops up a dialog box, asking for a passphrase to decrypt a key.  Whether I click OK or cancel, it then pops up a new dialog box, with the following text:  "Received SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 2:Too many authentication failures for dritch
Invalid state in ssh_userauth_kbdint”
4) When I configure an ssh key pair for passwordless login, and configure the X2Go client to use default user authentication, all works fine.
5) Before, when I used the 4.0.3.2 release client, it had very similar behavior.  However, in that case, when connecting using kerberos authentication, it also popped up a dialog box with an scp error message.

Am I doing something wrong?  How can I make this work?

Thanks!

David