[X2Go-User] Greyed out buttons in Session Management.

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri Jul 24 20:29:01 CEST 2015

package: x2goclient
version: 4.0.4.0

Hey,

thanks for trying that out and providing feedback.

Indeed we seem to have a bug there; filing as such.  However, what
will work is to click on the downward-pointing triangle in the lower
right of a session tile (those white things on the right).

@Devs:

Steps to reproduce:
1) Start x2goclient.exe
2) Click on "Session", select "Session Management"
  (Alternatively, press Ctrl+E)
3) Click on a session name

Expected result:
Buttons "Session preferences", "Delete Session", "Create Session Icon
on Desktop" become available

Actual result:
Buttons remain greyed out

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Am 24.07.2015 um 20:20 schrieb Paul Raines:

> Well, I just realized I have the same greyed out button issue on my
> X2GO client on my Windows box at home. So this has nothing to do
> with domains or profile migration.  Basically in Session Management
> all buttons on the right are greyed out except "New Session" no
> matter what session I select on the left.  I am running 4.0.4.0
>
> -- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)
>

> On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 4:40pm, Paul Raines wrote:
>

>> After logging in as a new user on the machine and starting X2Go
>> client, we did not see the problem with the always greyed out
>> delete button in Session Management.
>>

>> -- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)

> This still sounds rather weird.  Could you please create a new
> user account in the same domain and check if that account
> experiences the same issues?
>
> -Stefan
>

> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
> whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
> error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact
> the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
> http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to
> you in error but does not contain patient information, please
> contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

- --