[X2Go-User] What is the best Linux distribution for x2go server?

Robert Dinse nanook at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 23 19:21:52 CEST 2015

      I am using X2Go servers with Centos 6, Centos 7, Fedora 22, OpenSuse 13,
Ubuntu 14.4, Mint, Debian (don't remember the versions), Scientific Linux 6,
Scientific Linux 7, X2Go works well and is stable on all.  I am using these as
shell servers for my customers at Eskimo North.

      Ubuntu 15.04 with Mate' is what I use for my personal workstation, and
I access most of the servers with Mate' as well.  Ubuntu a very good collection
of software in it's distribution, just about anything you could want to do is
already there.  Centos 7 by contrast is minimalist, but for a server fewer
very well vetted applications is better from a security standpoint.

    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.