[X2Go-User] where are settings stored on Windows

Николай sanduku.default at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:46:11 CEST 2015

Hello!

I have the same problem.

I try to set another X server for x2go, but after that x2go can't start ))
I try to delete it. Delete everything about x2go from "programs files" -
don't work.
+ delete .x2go folder from user directory - don't work )
install and reinstall it again - don't work.
after reinstalled i try to use ccleaner - it cleans the registry, after
reboot, I installed x2go again but my misconfig still here and I can't use
x2go (

+ I have troubles with keyboard. When I connect to linux server - I can't
change ceyboard from en to ru, and numlock dont work.
I don't really like windows. But I can't work with linux server via GUI (
I go to install windows server and will use RDP (

> The user has 4.0.3.2 installed on Win7 box.
>
> The connection problem turns out to be linux server side.  After killing
> all x2go related processon that box and then restarting x2gocleansessions
> service the connections worked.
>
> We deleted the registry key and that wiped all the sessions we had
> defined. But the UI issue continues.  We create a new session. Then go to
> the Session Managment dialog and all buttons are greyed out but the top one
> to create new sessions even after selecting the session on the left.  We
> can double click on the session on the left to edit.  So the only thing we
> cannot do someway or other is delete (well, beside wiping out everything in
> the registry key).
>
> This could have been the case even before the profile migration and we
> just didn't notice before.  So that might be a red herring.
>
> Anyway, the user has no need to delete sessions at this time so is fine
> with the way things are now.
>
> I am the IT manager for the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging which
> is a joint research center of Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard
> Medical School, Harvard HST and MIT BCS.  We have over 300+ Linux
> workstations at users desks for our imaging analysis.  Up until around 2008
> users would use VNC for remote graphical access, then we started using
> freeNX and more recently X2Go.  The primary analysis tools are MATLAB and
> FreeSurfer (http://freesurfer.net)
>
> -- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)
>

> On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 8:44am, Stefan Baur wrote:

>> Am 15.07.2015 um 22:40 schrieb Paul Raines:
>>
>> Please do what Mike DePaulo suggested.
>>
>> Also, a few notes, remarks, and questions from me:
>>

>>  We did a profile migration between domains on the user's files and
>>> after that was done x2go stopped working.
>>>

>> Does this new domain have a lot of groups?
>> Does X2Go work for new users there?
>> We recently saw an issue where having a large number of groups (no
>> matter whether the user was a member of them or not) caused a
>> significant delay during the login phase.
>> This issue has been identified and fixed, however, I would have to
>> check with Mihai Moldovan if those fixes are already part of a release.
>>

>>  [...]  Whe she tries to start a session it just hangs forever on
>>> status connecting with no text in the log/debug window.
>>>

>> Did you wait maybe 5 minutes, or do you have a shorter definition of
>> "forever"? ;-)
>>
>> The issue described above caused a delay of maybe 3 minutes for that
>> particular user, though that heavily depends on the number of groups
>> involved, so it might take even longer for you.
>>

>>  If you go into edit sessions several buttons are grayed out include
>>> delete so we cannot delete the old sessions.  If I make a new
>>> session it still does not work.
>>>

>> This, however, sounds like the user doesn't have the proper access
>> rights on the registry tree mentioned by Mike DePaulo.
>>
>> Also, note that you can run x2goclient.exe with the parameter
> [...]

Best regards!
Mishin Nickolay