[X2Go-User] where are settings stored on Windows

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Thu Jul 16 14:44:01 CEST 2015

Am 15.07.2015 um 22:40 schrieb Paul Raines:

Please do what Mike DePaulo suggested.

Also, a few notes, remarks, and questions from me:

> We did a profile migration between domains on the user's files and
> after that was done x2go stopped working.

Does this new domain have a lot of groups?
Does X2Go work for new users there?
We recently saw an issue where having a large number of groups (no
matter whether the user was a member of them or not) caused a
significant delay during the login phase.
This issue has been identified and fixed, however, I would have to
check with Mihai Moldovan if those fixes are already part of a release.

> [...]  Whe she tries to start a session it just hangs forever on
> status connecting with no text in the log/debug window.

Did you wait maybe 5 minutes, or do you have a shorter definition of
"forever"? ;-)

The issue described above caused a delay of maybe 3 minutes for that
particular user, though that heavily depends on the number of groups
involved, so it might take even longer for you.

> If you go into edit sessions several buttons are grayed out include
> delete so we cannot delete the old sessions.  If I make a new
> session it still does not work.

This, however, sounds like the user doesn't have the proper access
rights on the registry tree mentioned by Mike DePaulo.

Also, note that you can run x2goclient.exe with the parameter
- --portable, and it will create a sessions file just like on OS X and
Linux.

BTW, nice to see that Harvard is using X2Go.  Care to tell us a little
bit about how you're using it?  We have a wiki page for "success
stories", and being able to mention Harvard there would be absolutely
fantastic. :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

- --