[X2Go-User] where are settings stored on Windows

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:28:12 CEST 2015

Hi Paul,

See in-line replies.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Paul Raines <raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Where on Windows does x2go client store its settings?  I removed the
> /Users/loginname/.x2go directory but when I start X2Go client I still see
> the sessions I defined.  I also uninstalled X2Go and reinstalled but the old
> session settings are still there.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Obviously Nice\x2goclient\

> We did a profile migration between domains on the user's files and after
> that was done x2go stopped working.  we are trying to start with a clean
> slate on the user.  Whe she tries to start a session it just hangs forever
> on status connecting with no text in the log/debug window.  If you go into
> edit sessions several buttons are grayed out include delete so we cannot
> delete the old sessions.  If I make a new session it still does not work.

Sorry to hear that you are running into this issue.

Let us know if deleting the registry key works.
If not, please try the debug build and attach the output from the
command prompt window.
(The debug build is now an optional component in the regular installer
as of X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.4.0-x.)

-Mike#2