[X2Go-User] x2goserver on Ubuntu Mate 15.04 with 4k monitor and high font-rendering DPI

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 23:01:59 CEST 2015

Stefan Baur píše v Fri 26. 06. 2015 v 16:23 +0200:
> Am 26.06.2015 um 15:27 schrieb Milan Knížek:
> >
> > Anyway, the aim is to use DPI settings as per x2go client setup.
> > It seems that in MATE, once the user sets hiw own value, the DPI
> > from xorg.conf is ignored (which sounds logical but does not fit
> > the bill for our use). xrandr --dpi XX in the running x2go session
> > also does not have any effect.
>
> So basically, what you'd need for MATE is something that reads the
> desired DPI value from an ENV var or from some file, then issues the
> gsettings command you quoted above, and this would have to run on
> every session startup and reconnect, right?

Yes, something along those lines.

Part of it could be done by x2go (startup, reconnect, terminate) and
the other part by the user, eg. via $HOME/.config/autostart (for
situations when x2go session terminates uncleanly and then the user
starts a local session).

The latter could be done through autodetection, but that approach would
make any user specific DPI for local session obsolete after re-login...

Once I have time I try to look at it, because running the gsettings
command once the user is logged in is suboptimal (e.g. Skype has to be
restarted to reflect the new DPI).

Milan
--
http://milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)