[X2Go-User] connection failed DBI

Brent S. Elmer Ph.D. webe3vt at aim.com
Tue Jan 20 15:17:04 CET 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 05:07 +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Brent,
>
> On  Fr 16 Jan 2015 15:13:21 CET, Brent S. Elmer Ph.D. wrote:
>
> > I have a new x2go server setup on a Red Hat 6.3 system.  When I try to
> > connect to it I get the following:
> > Connection failed DBI
> > connect('dbname=/home/x2gouser/x2go_sessions','',...) failed: unable to
> > open database file at /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gosqlitewrapper.pl line 89
> > [limit users] at /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gosqlitewrapper.pl line 89.
> >
> > On the server, I tried to do a x2godbadmin --createdb and I got:
> > Can not find user (x2gouser)
> >
> > So, I added user x2gouser and redid the x2godbadmin.
> > Now I get the error above.
> >
> > I normally run Debian machines and have never had to do the adduser or
> > x2godbadmin that I can remember.
> >
> > What do I need to do to get the x2go server working?
> >
> > Brent
>
>  From what packaging source did you obtain your X2Go Server packages?
> This should normally be all automatized during package installation.
>
> Mike

I tried a reinstall of x2goserver to see if that would set things up
properly.  Now when I try to connect, I get the following:
Connection failed DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: no such table:
sessions at /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gosqlitewrapper.pl line 467. Can't call
method "execute" on an undefined value
at /usr/lib64/x2go/x2gosqlitewrapper.pl line 475.

It is like nothing is getting set up during the install.  I do not see
any failure messages.  I am just doing yum install x2goserver.

Brent