[X2Go-User] Client handling of downed server

Peter Brodsky brodsky at apl.washington.edu
Wed Jan 14 19:01:07 CET 2015

There are a couple of "features" I wonder might be addressable.

For example, I mistakenly try to open a session to a (linux) server
which is not powered up, the (Windows) client simply sits and tries.
There's no way to cancel.  Clicking on the small round on/off button in
the session window (the rectangular one that lands in the left/blue
area) does not take.  I simply have to wait until it times out.  Could
this not be dealt with more actively? Obviously this is a "don't do
that" kind of thing, but it does happen.

Also, if the server is shut down from the client window (which is the
case for us because we're effectively headless), then the client "sort
of" hangs again.  Trying to kill the active session window by clicking
the red X in the upper right does nothing.  Eventually I get a notice
that the server is incommunicado and asks if I want to terminate th
current session.
Would be nice if there were a cleaner way to handle this.

Sorry for the nitpicks - this is still a very useful tool.

- Pete