[X2Go-User] TCE, no sound

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Tue Dec 15 16:40:36 CET 2015

Hi.

I'm setting up a X2go TCE env. It's mostly working, but I still have a
few issues. One of those issues is that I have no sound on my thinclients.

Here's my setup:

- PXE server is running Ubuntu 14.04 amd64. Minimal install, only the
thinclient management is installed
- Thin client chroot has been setup like explained on the wiki
(http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:tce:install). I kept most
of the default settings (so the chroot is a debian Wheezy)
- X2go server is a CentOS 7 x86_64 box, with the MATE desktop env

Thin clients boot fine and can choose between the CentOS/MATE linux
desktop or a direct RDP connection (using the xfreerdp client).

But, sound isn't working in either case on the client.

I've added the module-native-protocol-tcp loading in the chroot (as
explained in the FAQ), on the thin client, I can see that pulse is
running and accepting connection on port 4713.

Where can I start debuging this ?

On the x2go server (the CentOS box), I can see the x2go session command:

/bin/bash /usr/bin/x2goruncommand 50 30909
fws-50-1450192269_stDMATE_dp24 30004 mate-session nosnd D

Is the nosnd param related ?

In  my session definition, I've added:

sound=true
soundsystem=pulse