[X2Go-User] x2go and xinerama

Dimitri Loizos dloizos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:34:54 CET 2015

Hello,

I have been using x2go for a couple of months now and have been very happy
with it. My configuration is a server running a virtual machine (CentOS) on
it and x2go server running on that virtual machine. I connect to it through
the x2go client on Windows 10.

One of the features that I love about x2go is its support for multiple
displays on the client side through xinerama. I have 2 monitors and x2go
treats the session as such. The session will open across both monitors and
I can easily maximize windows on each of these monitors.

Well, that was until the latest reboot of the server. Now, even though I
have the xinerama option on, the x2go client treats my 2 monitors as one:
even though the session opens across both monitors, when I maximize a
window, it will be maximized across both monitors.

I have tried to reset the client, the server, play with different options,
but so far to no avail.

Any ideas on how I could get the 2 monitor behavior back?

Thank you