[X2Go-User] x2go on RHEL7/CentOS7

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 5 19:54:00 CEST 2015

We have been using x2go fairly successful on CentOS6 machines now
for a while.  We are investigating upgrading to CentOS7 and I
am now looking at the x2go situation

We get our x2go RPMS from EPEL

x2goagent-3.5.0.31-1.el7.x86_64
x2goclient-4.0.3.1-1.el7.x86_64
x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el7.x86_64
x2godesktopsharing-3.1.1.1-1.el7.x86_64

So far we have not discovered

   1) doesn't work at all with GNOME desktop giving the "Oops" screen.
 	Web search seems to imply this is a known issue with GNOME3
 	with no real solution though I am suprised this is not
 	mentioned in the X2Go wiki FAQ.  I hate GNOME3 anyway so
 	can live without it for X2Go

   2) works partially with the KDE desktop. There is the kscreen
 	issue that is mentioned in the FAQ.  Really unusable unless
 	one does disable kscreen.  Need to investigate further what
 	consequences that has on normal logins.

   3) installed MATE from EPEL.  On first login it looks and works great
 	but when you "Logout ..." to terminate the session it just hangs
 	on a blank background.  If you "suspend" the session via force
 	closing the window and then try to reconnect it fails or just
 	takes you right back to the blank background.  One can force
 	terminate the session with x2goterminate-session to clear it out
 	and then get a clean login again, but I don't really want my
 	users having to go though this.

So my question is really about the MATE issue which I would prefer to use.
Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on or a fix?

Paul Raines                     http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street     Charlestown, MA 02129	    USA

dispose of the e-mail.