[X2Go-User] GNOME and Unity can not launch

Heng Zhou hzhou1 at cs.uml.edu
Thu Apr 9 01:43:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

I installed the latest X2Go client, but it only works with KDE. When I
tried to launch Unity and GNOME desktop, they always fail. To be specific,
when I selected Unity, the desktop just flashes and disappear. When I
selected GNOME, I got a black desktop window and VcXsrv reports an error
saying "Cannot establish any listening socket - make sure an X server isn't
already running". The contents of VCXSrv.0.log is:

_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for inet6
_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for inet
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

I have no idea how to check if any X server is running on my computer. All
the settings of X2Go are default. The remote machine is ubuntu 14.04. Any
help? Thanks.