[X2Go-User] OSX/windows keyboards?

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Tue Apr 7 22:11:17 CEST 2015

Hi Les,

On 07.04.2015 07:57 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> When I start a remote linux session from an OSX client, then
> disconnect and pick up the session from a windows client, the screen
> seems OK but the keyboard input is garbage.  I thought I had that
> problem a long time ago and then it was fixed.   Do the client
> versions have to stay in sync?   And is there some way to reset the
> keyboard type to fix it and continue the session?

The OS X client is synchronizing the keyboard layout by fetching the
output of xmodmap on OS X and passing it to the remote session once
every few seconds. If the Windows client is not overriding this on
resuming by some means (I currently do not know the default behavior of
the Windows-specific code), I'd expect the mappings to be wrong.

Aside from that, keeping the client versions close (or rather: using the
newest version) is generally a good idea.

Maybe you just need to force a keyboard layout in the session settings
on the Windows machine? Note that those options are not available in the
OS X client due to the automatic synchronization via xmodmap anymore.

Mihai