[X2Go-User] Centos 7

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sat Apr 4 00:54:26 CEST 2015

On 03.04.2015 09:38 PM, Robert Dinse wrote:
>      Under CentOS 7
>
>      I've updated to the latest kernel provided in the El Repo
> repository,
>
>          kernel-ml.x86_64   3.19.3-1.el7.elrepo   @elrepo-kernel
>
>      They have no version configured with pre-emption and this version
> without
> does not provide smooth video over x2go, very jerky and laggy like the
> stock
> kernel.
>
>      If I build a kernel from source from kernel.org, even using the same
> conf, and install it:
>
>     make clean; make; make modules_install install

I wouldn't use "make install".

cp arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-3.19.3
cp System.map /boot/System.map-3.19.3

(or whatever the "real" version is, maybe even with the "localversion"
string appended. You'll figure it out.
The actual path may differ based on your architecture and the naming
conventions of in /boot/.)
/
/Afterwards,

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

And you're all set.

Try rebooting and it should work just fine.

Do not try to update grub.

Mihai