[X2Go-User] x2goserver causes increase in ksoftirqd/x CPU usage

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Apr 2 23:57:44 CEST 2015

On 02.04.2015 04:09 PM, Rett Walters wrote:
> Yes - your right its the systemd unit called x2goserver, and it does
> appear to just start x2gocleansessions script.  I will do some testing
> with older kernels to see if the problem is still present.

This may look sort-of related:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg1937202.html

But that patch was included in 3.19.1 -- so if that patch was fixing the
regression, you shouldn't see it on your Sabertooth machine (3.19.2)
anymore.

Maybe x2gocleansessions is polling too often (although it really looks
more like a kernel issue than a issue with x2gocleansessions.)

The polling was lowered to every 2 seconds two years ago:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=dd176a90d04b64e

Maybe changing this back to 5 seconds behaves better on your system?
That may have consequences I'm unable to foresee, though.

In any case, this problem should be reported to the Linux Kernel
project. Maybe there are other instances of this issue.

Mihai