[X2Go-User] Like doceri?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 09:42:34 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Mike Gabriel <
mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:

> Hi Rustom,
>

> On  Fr 26 Sep 2014 18:25:40 CEST, Rustom Mody wrote:
>
>  Hi new here!
>>
>> I was wondering if x2go can be made to do (some of) what doceri does?
>> https://doceri.com/
>>
>> My preference is to stick with linux.
>> However at the moment it looks like doceri only runs on windows and macs
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> Rusi
>>

> Try iTALC or epoptes on Linux. Maybe that fulfills your needs.
>
> With X2Go something like doceri, iTALC or epoptes could be created, but it
> is not there out-of-the-box.
>
> As I am the Debian maintainer of iTALC, I normally take care that it works
> inside X2Go sessions (and it does).

Thanks Mike
Had a look at both epoptes and iTALC.
My impression is that both are for controlling students' machines.

This is not my usecase (at least as of now). My usecase is I guess like this

Use a tablet rather than a black/white board and capture the whole lecture
– audio and video.  Note that I am using 'tablet' vaguely.  It may be a
touchscreen laptop, an IPad, IPhone, Android phone or tablet.  I believe
that one of doceri's selling points is that the teacher hooks up the laptop
(ideally a mac?) to the projector at the front of the class, then walks
around the class with IPad in hand and writing on and generally controlling
the mac remotely from the Ipad.

[Note Ive never used doceri or ipads or x2go -- so I may be a bit
incoherent]