[X2Go-User] Stopping a session from suspending on disconnect

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Sep 17 14:29:11 CEST 2014

Hi Brian, hi Stefan,

On  Mi 17 Sep 2014 13:43:22 CEST, brian mullan wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> I know its easy for a non-dev to say because I don't have to change the code
> but I agree with you...
>

> *> judging from this user feedback, maybe we should change our terminology?
>> "Detach" (German: "Trennen") seems to be less misleading than > "Suspend"
> (German: "Anhalten").*
>
> "suspend" *implies* stopping something with the intent to restart later.
>
> As Mike mentions, the problem *could be* solved by teaching people what
> x2go suspend currently means.   That can work but to me... its not natural.
>
> It reminds me of an old cartoon where a plumber had installed the hot &
> cold shower controls backwards (hot=cold, cold=hot)...
>
> The plumber was talking to the homeowner telling him...
>
> "Hey... its simple... when you take a shower just remember "H" means - Holy
> cow thats Cold !  <g>

Hehehe...

Please also note that in X2Go Server 4.1.0.0 we will have a renice feature.

That renice features renices all X2Go session applications, so the CPU
consumption will go down tremendously. It does not mean "anhalten"
(stop), but it probably would feel like it, if you could peak into the
"suspended" session.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31