[X2Go-User] Stopping a session from suspending on disconnect

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:43:22 CEST 2014

Stefan,

I know its easy for a non-dev to say because I don't have to change the code
but I agree with you...

*> judging from this user feedback, maybe we should change our terminology?
> "Detach" (German: "Trennen") seems to be less misleading than > "Suspend"
(German: "Anhalten").*

"suspend" *implies* stopping something with the intent to restart later.

As Mike mentions, the problem *could be* solved by teaching people what
x2go suspend currently means.   That can work but to me... its not natural.

It reminds me of an old cartoon where a plumber had installed the hot &
cold shower controls backwards (hot=cold, cold=hot)...

The plumber was talking to the homeowner telling him...

"Hey... its simple... when you take a shower just remember "H" means - Holy
cow thats Cold !  <g>

Brian