[X2Go-User] Client and broker authentication

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Sep 17 11:40:03 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

On  Di 16 Sep 2014 19:56:19 CEST, Michael Gale wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     When using the broker with Apache and WSGI, it is possible to have the
> client perform NTLM authentication against Apache?
>
> That way we can offer single sign-on for our users, we want to authenticate
> against an AD server and some clients are Windows desktop machines.
>
> Thanks
> Michael

in upcoming release (0.0.3.0) of the broker, there will be an
https_get authmech. With this authentication mechanism (which you can
use instead of the pam authmech) you can authenticate against any
https URL. If the URL returns a 200 http return code, then auth is
considered as successful, otherwise it is considered as a failure.

With the https_get authmech you can use any Apache2 authencation
backend to proxy-through broker authentication requests.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31