[X2Go-User] Testers Wanted for X2Go Client 4.0.3.0 nightly Windows builds built with MinGW 4.8 instead of 4.4

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:22:27 CEST 2014

The new MinGW 4.8 builds are under here:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/heuler/mingw32-4.8/qt-4.8/
The old MinGW 4.4 builds are under here:
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/heuler/mingw32-4.4/qt-4.8/

Tester feedback (in the form of emails or bug reports) will help me
decide whether to make the official release of X2Go Client 4.0.3.0
based on MinGW 4.4 or MinGW 4.8.

Last I heard, X2Go Client 4.0.3.0 is scheduled to be released sometime
next month.

If you encounter a bug/issue, please test if the corresponding MinGW
4.4 build is affected also.

You can tell what build you are running by going to help -> About Qt.
MinGW 4.4 builds use Qt 4.8.5. MinGW 4.8 builds use Qt 4.8.6

Technically the builds are not "nightly builds" because they are
automatically built whenever an x2goclient git commit is pushed to
code.x2go.org.

The 7 characters at the end of the version string is the git short
hash of the git commit (revision) it was built from. This enables
testers and developers to identify what exact version of X2Go Client
they are using when there are multiple commits the same day. I just
updated our build scripts to add this feature. (Final releases will
not have a hash at the end of their version string.)

More details about the MinGW upgrade here:

http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=474

-Mike#2