[X2Go-User] No system tray for remote applications

Tristan Miller psychonaut at nothingisreal.com
Tue Sep 2 14:48:57 CEST 2014

Greetings.

My host machine runs KDE 4 on openSUSE.  Occasionally I want to run remote
KDE applications such as KTorrent or Kopete which are supposed to display
an icon in the system tray.  However, when invoked over x2goclient, the
remote application's system tray icon is never displayed in my local
machine's system tray.  This is especially frustrating for applications
which I've set to start minimized to the system tray by default, since then
I have no way of getting them to appear on my desktop.  (They run in the
background just fine, but I have no way of interacting with them.)

I was wondering if this is a known issue or if there's something I'm doing
wrong.  If this is a known issue, is it something that needs to be fixed in
x2goclient or in the KDE applications themselves?

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o         Tristan Miller          ><  Space is limited