[X2Go-User] pyhoca 0.5.0.2 freeze in debian wheezy

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed Oct 29 17:50:17 CET 2014

Am 29.10.2014 17:13, schrieb Pavel Hanák:
> Hi Mike,
>
> The problem is in the version of python-gevent package which was still
> from stable version (0.13.6-1+nmu3). With testing version (1.0.1-1)
> everything works as expected.
>
> So it would be useful to change Depends field in debian/control
> accordingly...
>
> Pavel

Hi Mike,

thanks for investigations.

You use the heuler section?

I tried to debug it today too (but without real python knowledge ;-( ) -
and I triggered it down to this location in

paramiko/packet.py

    def readline(self, timeout):
        print "packetizer debug 1 *********"
        """
        Read a line from the socket.  We assume no data is pending after the
        line, so it's okay to attempt large reads.
        """
        buf = self.__remainder
        while not linefeed_byte in buf:
            buf += self._read_timeout(timeout)
        n = buf.index(linefeed_byte)
        self.__remainder = buf[n + 1:]
        buf = buf[:n]
        if (len(buf) > 0) and (buf[-1] == cr_byte_value):
            buf = buf[:-1]
        return u(buf)

it hangs after the line 281

            buf += self._read_timeout(timeout)

no idea why and if this is related to your findings.

Installed the python-gevent from heuer and everythin works.

Thanks.
Jan