[X2Go-User] pyhoca 0.5.0.2 freeze in debian wheezy

Pavel hanak at is-it.eu
Wed Oct 29 16:03:35 CET 2014

Hi Mike.

    MG> I am so sorry, guys, but I cannot reproduce the issue here. As I
    MG> said earlier. I observed those hangs once or twice, but wasn't
    MG> able to reproduce them.

    MG> I tested pyhoca-gui on jessie and on wheezy (+ some backports)
    MG> and things worked out fine.

    MG> I connected to servers of several Debian and Ubuntu versions.

    MG> A bit clueless, sorry...

    MG> Mike

    PS> you could try to dive in the python code of python-x2go, though.
    PS> The connection is established
    MG> somewhere around [1] (see [2] for the full API docs). You could
    MG> try to add extra debugging output there, so that you can narrow
    MG> down where the connection actually really freezes.

Tried to trace it with pdb. There is a neverending cycling in paramiko
code here:

> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/transport.py(402)start_client()
-> event.wait(0.1)
(Pdb) list
397
398  	        # synchronous, wait for a result
399  	        self.completion_event = event = threading.Event()
400  	        self.start()
401  	        while True:
402  ->	            event.wait(0.1)
403  	            if not self.active:
404  	                e = self.get_exception()
405  	                if e is not None:
406  	                    raise e
407  	                raise SSHException('Negotiation failed.')

So
I will try to find out, why there is no such problem with python-x2go
0.4.0.9-1 although paramiko version is the same...

Pavel

    MG> [1]
    http> //code.x2go.org/doc/python-x2go/x2go.backends.control.plain-pysrc.html#X2GoControlSession.connect