[X2Go-User] Is it possible to get pulseaudio sound in app mode?

Edouard Gaulué edouard at e-gaulue.com
Tue Oct 7 15:32:05 CEST 2014

Hi community,

I'm trying to achieve this: build a Firefox/Iceweasel application server
(Debian Wheezy) with several simultaneous clients using Raspberry Pi
(Raspbian) using x2go, everything being in a LAN. Of course each user
needs to hears just its own application sound. I don't want to send a
full desktop manager as I just want them to use Firefox/Iceweasel.

As of now, I don't have too much trouble to start Firefox/Iceweasel from
clients. Only troubles I get are :
  * the size of the Firefox window doesn't manage to get the local
screensize despite I tick "Fullscreen" in x2go, so I must use --heigth
and --width command line parameter
  * menu at the top doesn't work ether
  * no sound at all

I think everything is linked with the fact I try not to use a windows
manager, but I'm even not sure pulseaudio can deal with several
simultenous users.

Any advices/ideas would be really appreciated.

Best regards, EG