[X2Go-User] Sound Issues (One Client)

senrabdet at aol.com senrabdet at aol.com
Fri Nov 28 19:11:09 CET 2014

Hi All:

I am having trouble with x2go audio on a windows client (win pro 32 bit; x2go 4.0.2.1, though have tried 3.1 as well; x2go server is on Wheezy with Mate).

Initially, I thought an upgrade server side was the problem but I can get the sound to work on two other windows clients connected to the same server (same ssh etc), so I'm inclined at the moment to think it's this particular client machine.   I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling x2go and copying the .pulse-cookie from a working machine into various folders on the problem one without success. FYI can open the sound control to make sure the levels are up, and see on the working machines that it finds a sound card but doesn't do so on the problem client.

Any suggestions?  Is this the pulse audio bug I've read about on the net?  Am wondering too if this could be some sort of driver issue on the laptop in question, though the sound works on the native  OS (as opposed to the x2go connection).

I use x2go a lot, so I figure this is worth figuring out as having run into it once, it may happen again.

Thanks!