[X2Go-User] x2go client doesn't run anymore

Gedankenpause mllehaberlienzer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:44:30 CET 2014

> OK, great. Glad to hear that you are good to go now.
>
> I wish we had a copy of your registry folder before the backup, but oh well.
>
> Just to make sure, you didn't adjust the settings under Options ->
> Settings -> X-Server Settings, did you?
>
> -Mike#2
>
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Daniela Meyer <daniela_24 <at> gmx.de> wrote:
> > After I deleted the registry folder Obviously Nice\x2goclient everything
worked nice again!!

I had the same problem with my german XP installation. Apparently it is some
conflict between the folders "program files" and "Programme" for the German
installation.

Instead of deleting the "Obviously nice" folder in the registry I changed
the value of xexec

from
C:\program files\VcXsrv\vcxsrv.exe

C:\Programme\x2goclient\VcXsrv\vcxsrv.exe

I also don't know why it suddenly stopped working, since the default
installation folder for vcxsrv.exe should be in x2goclient\VcXsrv\vcxsrv.exe
while in the value I changed the x2goclient folder was missing... I
definitely didn't change anything in the settings... it "just" happened and
I don't know why.

Anyway, updating the value of xexec in "obviously nice" to the current
directory seems to work well.