[X2Go-User] Error: "Failed to restore all the required visuals"

Colin E colin.e.uk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 02:16:30 CET 2014

*Server: Debian "Jessie"
X2Go Server: 4.0.1.18-0x2go1+git20141006.949+wheezy.main.1
Client: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
X2Go Client: 4.0.3.0 (Qt - 4.8.6)*

Hi,

I am using X2Go to access a headless Debian (Jessie) machine from
Windows 7. At some time in the last couple of days I must have closed or
aborted the connection from the client without cleanly shutting down the
server session.

Now when I try to open a session to the machine I get the error-

    *Failed to restore all the required visuals
    Can't resume the NX session on this display*

I can see XFCE session and a bunch of other X services running on the
server. I can of course just log into the server using SSH and kill all
the X processes (or reboot the machine) but that will lose any work in
windows that are still open on the server.

Is X2Go able to reconnect to an existing server session? If not is there
a better way to clean things up than just killing server processes?

Regards

*Colin E
*