[X2Go-User] Problem compiling x2goclient

Short, Kermit k_short at lanl.gov
Thu May 15 00:27:22 CEST 2014

Greetings!
	I'm trying to work through an installation for IGEL again.  Apparently
I didn't take good notes the first time, so I'm trying to redo my
process (I've already found some things I may not have done the first
time, even though it was working).

Build platform: Ubuntu Workstation LTS 12.04.3, 32-bit (fully updated as
of 2014.05.14) *This is required per IGEL

I've done the following so far:

1) Download and unpack the source tarball for x2goclient-4.0.2.0.
2) Installed the following prerequisites:

build-essential qt4-designer qtcreator qtcreator-doc qt4-demos qt4-doc
qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev git qt-sdk libldap2-dev libssh-dev libxpm-dev
libcups2-dev debhelper doxygen man2html-base

3) Run config_linux.sh (sudo /var/tmp/x2goclient-4.0.2.0/config_linux.sh
NOTE I received an error at this point:

make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
Project MESSAGE: if you want to build x2goplugin you should export
X2GO_CLIENT_TARGET=plugin
Project MESSAGE: building x2goclient with ldap and cups
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_de.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_da.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_es.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_et.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_fi.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_fr.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_nb_no.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_nl.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_ru.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_sv.qm'
RCC: Error in 'resources.rcc': Cannot find file 'x2goclient_zh_tw.qm'

I didn't think distclean was a big deal, this is a freshly build VM
running Ubuntu.

I'm not currently set up to run the x2gowebplugin so I ignored the
Project MESSAGE.

The RCC errors seem to be strictly relegated to Locale stuff, so I'm
ignoring them.

I proceed to trying to build x2goclient itself:
4) sudo make
Things go fine until an error on an ssh related object:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_WEBKIT -DCFGCLIENT
-D__linux__ -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB
-DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I.
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork
-I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I.
-I. -I. -o sshmasterconnection.o sshmasterconnection.cpp
sshmasterconnection.cpp: In member function ‘void
SshMasterConnection::checkReverseTunnelConnections()’:
sshmasterconnection.cpp:297:73: error: ‘ssh_channel_accept_forward’ was
not declared in this scope
sshmasterconnection.cpp:308:33: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
make: *** [sshmasterconnection.o] Error 1

Note in the above prereq install, I installed the libssh-dev package,
but it looks to my uneducated eyes like I'm missing an ssh component for
this to build against...

Any ideas?

To preempt the suggestion to build a deb file, IGEL does not support the
installation of a deb package (dpkg doesn't exist on the firmware), so I
have to have a nearly standalone tree that I can install in a custom
partition on the firmware.  I have been able to write a script that
creates symlinks to some of the objects and libraries in this custom
partition, but the binary itself has to build and reside all in one file
tree.

Thanks for your help!!

--
Kermit Short