[X2Go-User] X2Go Newvie Introduction for the Wiki (was: X2Go-User Digest, Vol 43, Issue 23)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Mar 30 22:39:12 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

On  So 30 Mär 2014 18:38:09 CEST, Nigra Truo wrote:

> we talked some month back about me helping with some X2go documentation.
>
> I wrote some things, kinda like a newbie intro, please see here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ioso0_lZkIQrgYkhvbaZg8PBgwqG9u-uEDWtG5zYxe4/edit?usp=sharing

Very very good. Needs some fine tuning here and there, but it is a
very very good starting point.

http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:start#x2go_wiki_signing_up

> I logged into the IRC chatroom, but I don't know if I did it correctly (my
> first time on IRC ever), because I saw nobody else online.
> It might be easier to discuss this over IRC, but I would have to see about
> timing (my time zone is PST)

It would be good to have you on IRC. As already written,

  (1) make sure you are connected to irc.freenode.net
  (2) enter: /join #x2go
  (3) write: sunweaver: let me know when you are ready to discuss the
newbie docs
      (or a-like)

If you use someone's nick name (mine is sunweaver), then the line you
write on IRC gets highlighted for me and I reply asap.

For people working and living in different time zones then others in
the team, it is very helpful to stay on IRC 24/7. This can be easily
achieved if you have a machine that is online 24/7 and that is
reachable via SSH.

If that is the case for you, you may want to look at a screen+irssi setup [1].

> In the linked document, you see that I mention 2 Videos, one about a
> typical X2go session and one about how Thinclient looks like, I still have
> to do these video.

Ack. Looking forward to those, too.

Mike

PS: it would also be helpful if you could change your mailing list
subscription to "non-digest". If you want me to do that with my
listadmin hat on, please ping me.

[1] http://quadpoint.org/articles/irssi/

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148