[X2Go-User] Questions about mTelePlayer

GZ Nianguan E.T. opensource at gznianguan.com
Tue Mar 18 19:19:56 CET 2014

The browser plugin is still just a list of ideas and features on a
whiteboard.... But as soon as  mTelePlayer is released... a basic
browser plugin should be done quite soon after...

We got a lot of things we want to do with it but I think we will release
a basic version as soon as possible and follow up with the full featured
plugin later on.

There is no Chroma keying involved... the plugin... much like the
mTelePlayer it self, will be just a GUI that don't touch the media
data...  Its kind of like an embedded mplayer but with the embedded
mplayer instance (being client side) at the other end of the Telekinesis
wormhole and the GUI being server side.

The basic idea is almost embarrassingly simple... but making it behave
as and feel like its any other player running on the server... takes a
bit of tinkering... and requires quite a bit of information being passed
back and forth... And as the communication bit of it grew, we thought it
would be a good idea to separate it out of the player and make it a
framework others can utilize to do other stuff..

We will post some videos soon, showing some of the latest progress and
pretty soon we'll release both Telekinesis and the mTelePlayer.

The full featured browser plugin would aim to take on as many video
websites as possible... piping the video content through the "wormhole".
But that’s going to require a bit of community effort.....
More about that once we are closer to actually doing it...

-GZNGET