[X2Go-User] RHEL 7 beta

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:13:22 CET 2014

"GNOME3 fallback session" was removed in GNOME 3.8. "GNOME3 Classic
Mode" was added, but it does require 3D.

GNOME3 fallback session It was re-released as GNOME Flashback,
consisting of gnome-panel 3.8.0.
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeFlashback
However, almost no distros include it, and it doesn't work with GNOME
3.10. I discovered that it doesn't work with GNOME 3.10 the hard way,
see this thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/x2go-user@lists.berlios.de/msg01641.html

Also, even when you do install it, "gnome-session" still checked for
3D acceleration. So you have to use the workaround mentioned in that
thread.

Still, RHEL7 does use GNOME 3.8, so Gnome Flashback / Gnome-Panel 3.8
should work with it. If anyone can find that/those package(s) for
RHEL7 beta, please reply to this thread.