[X2Go-User] x2go Mac client and OS X firewall

R T tor at att.net
Thu Mar 6 17:54:06 CET 2014

Hello

I use x2go 4.1.3 OS X client on Mavericks (10.9.2).  It is used to connect to a Linux system, cat /proc/version below:

Linux version 3.12.9-301.fc20.x86_64 (mockbuild at bkernel02) (gcc version 4.8.2 20131212 (Red Hat 4.8.2-7) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 29 15:56:22 UTC 2014

% x2goversion
x2goagent: 3.5.0.21
x2goserver: 4.0.1.13
x2goserver-extensions: 4.0.1.13
x2goserver-fmbindings: 4.0.1.13
x2goserver-xsession: 4.0.1.13

I use disk sharing between server and client as well.

My OS X Firewall is ON, under Options, the “Block all incoming connections” is UNCHECKED, and both “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” and “Enable stealth mode” are checked.

Every time I connect to the server, OS X firewall pops up a message asking 'Do you want the application “x2goclient.app” to accept incoming network connections?’  I have taken the following steps:

1. Clicked “yes”, which adds /Applications/x2goclient.app to the OS X Firewall
2. Remote Login (SSH) is already allowed to receive incoming connections
3. Manually added the following apps to allow incoming connections:
   - /Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/MacOS/x2goclient
   - /Applications/x2goclient.app/Contents/exe/nxproxy
   - /usr/libexec/sftp-server
   - /usr/sbin/sshd

However OS X still prompts me whenever a connection is made to the remote session, or when a new session is started. How can I stop this annoying message?

Thanks
Rio