[X2Go-User] Important information: Wrong version of X2Go Server in Baikal LTS Debian archive

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Jun 19 09:39:07 CEST 2014

Dear all,

== Summary ==

we got informed by John McMonagle [1] about wrong package versions in
the Debian archive of X2Go. Unfortunately, I only grasped the severity
of that bug report a couple of days back.

In February 2014, a development snapshot of x2goserver* packages found
their way into the Debian-based package archive of X2Go Baikal LTS [2].

This is of course a severe issue and after cross-checking last Monday,
I reverted those uploads and provided the correct package versions
(X2Go Server 4.0.0.11). No other area of the package archive was
affected, only the Baikal LTS packages of X2Go Server for Debian.

== How to downgrade ==

Follow these steps for downgrading the development snapshot
(4.1.0.0-preview) to the current Baikal LTS release of X2Go Server
(4.0.0.11).

Open a terminal and run these commands...

   $ apt-get update
   $ apt-cache show x2goserver

   ### you should see two version of package x2goserver
   ### x2goserver 4.1.0.0-0x2go1~<something> (which is the currently
installed version)
   ### and
   ### x2goserver 4.0.0.11-0x2go1+git20140615.736+<debversion>.baikal.1

   $ cp /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf.bak
   $ apt-get remove --purge x2goserver-common libx2go-server-perl
libx2go-log-perl
   $ apt-get install x2goserver x2goserver-xsession
x2goserver-printing x2goserver-fmbindings
   $ cp /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf.bak /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf

   ### You may want to view changes between the two config files...
   $ diff -ur /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf.bak /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf
   # and manually edit the one now installed as x2goserver.conf

I am very sorry that this happened, it should not have!!! If you need
further help, please contact either me or any other of the devs via
our mailing list x2go-user [3] or via IRC [4].

light+love,
Mike Gabriel

[1] http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=429
[2] deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian {squeeze,wheezy,jessie,sid} baikal