[X2Go-User] Dev packages for X2Go Server "sneaked" themselves into the Baikal LTS package archive

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Jun 15 22:34:59 CEST 2014

Control: close -1

Hi all,

I have just stumbled over a very severe flaw in our X2Go package
archive for Debian [1].

A development snapshot of X2Go Server (4.1.0.0-preview) got uploaded
to the Baikal LTS area.

That is a very very severe problem to people who run the long-term
supported version of X2Go Server.

I have just kicked of a rebuild of all X2Go Server packages of that
archive and will provide an announcement and a troubleshooting /
downgrading recipe tomorrow.

I deeply apologize for this very severe flaw and big thanks to John
McMonagle for unravelling this.

Unfortunately, his message got ignored till now...

Regards,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31