[X2Go-User] Pb with x2go agent on ppc64 system

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jun 11 14:43:58 CEST 2014

Hi Stefan, hi Sebastien,

On  Mi 11 Jun 2014 13:51:31 CEST, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 11.06.2014 13:30, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>>
>> As this is a very special case, I cannot give more advise on this
>> without being contracted and payed for the time I would have to
>> give for helping with a solution.
>
> Do you think you could at least give him a hint as to where that
> message is pulling the IP from and how it is being mangled/processed
> before that?
>
> My guess is that there's some self-made conversion routine somewhere
> that only works on little-endian architectures like x86 and x64.
>
> PPC64 is big-endian by default.
>
> @Sebastien: Wikipedia claims that PPC64 can be switched to
> little-endian, though big-endian is the default. Could you please
> check if such a switch is feasible for you and if it makes the problem
> go away?
>
> - -Stefan

you can get the nx-libs sources from git.x2go.org [1] and grep through
the sources.

I am currently doing the same to get NX fixed on systems with
poly-instantiated /tmp directories.

Mike

[1] git clone git://code.x2go.org/nx-libs.git

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31