[X2Go-User] Pb with x2go agent on ppc64 system

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jun 11 13:30:37 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastien,

On  Mi 11 Jun 2014 12:31:40 CEST, sebastien chabrolles wrote:

> I'm working for IBM, one of our partner would like to use build an
> "applicance" on one of our Power8 system. They would like to give access
> to their application through "X2go".
>
> The operating system used is a Fedora 20 ppc64. In oder to install
> x2goserver, we have add the Fedora Rawhide repo (x2goagent is not
> available in the fc20 repo).
> Intallation process is fine, without any error.
>
> But it is impossible to connect to the server from a x2go client. The
> connection is closed with the following error:
>
> running as X2Go Agent
>
> NXAGENT - Version 3.5.0
>
> Copyright (C) 2001, 2011 NoMachine.
> See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.
>
> Info: Agent running with pid '24808'.
> Session: Starting session at 'Sat Jun  7 15:37:37 2014'.
> Info: Proxy running in server mode with pid '24808'.
> Info: Waiting for connection from 'localhost' on port '30003'.
> Warning: Refusing connection from '225.3.10.80'.
> .80' on port '30003'.
>
> I don't know what is this IP address !!!!!
>
> I tested the same installation on x86 system (FC20 + rawhide repo for
> x2goserver). Everything works out of the box.
>
> Is anybody can help me to solve this issue on ppc64 ?
>
> Cordialement / Best Regards

Great to here that X2Go is used by IBM.

The problem with your issue is that I/we cannot test/debug things
without accessing that very special hardware platform. I (as one of
the core devs) have absolutely no clue, where that IP is coming from.
By its address pattern, we can tell that it is a multicast IP address
(IIRC). Is that address specific to your setup?

As this is a very special case, I cannot give more advise on this
without being contracted and payed for the time I would have to give
for helping with a solution.

Thanks+Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148