[X2Go-User] nice article - Using WikID with x2go for 2 factor authentication

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:59:43 CEST 2014

This just popped up on HowToForge as a new article post so I wanted to make
others aware of
it:

Securing X2Go On Ubuntu Precise With WiKID Two-Factor Authentication
In this document we are going to demonstrate how to implement two-factor
authentication from WiKID <http://www.wikidsystems.com/> for remote desktop
on an Ubuntu 12.04 server using X2Go. The WiKID Strong Authentication
System is a commercial/open source two-factor authentication solution. X2Go
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:newtox2go> is an NX-based remote desktop
tool. First, we will configure a domain on the WiKID server, then add the
targeted server as a network client to the WiKID server, and finally
configure the Ubuntu Precise box for x2go using pam-radius. Note that if
you already have a server configured as an SSH gateway box with pam-radius,
you can simply add X2Go to and it will work.