[X2Go-User] problem getting x2go to work.

Jon Gilbert jjj at prismnet.com
Tue Jul 1 01:24:06 CEST 2014

Even when I try making a shell script executable with the gnome-session arguments, I have no luck whatsoever. I created a new user and tried logging in, and it just throws a bunch of errors like this in the .xsession-x2go-error.log:

(gnome-settings-daemon:21349): keyboard-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to set the keyboard layouts: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.PermissionDenied: Not authorized

(gnome-settings-daemon:21349): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to create device: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-device auth

(gnome-settings-daemon:21349): color-plugin-WARNING **: could not find device: Failed to FindDeviceByProperty: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed: property match 'XRANDR_name'='default' does no
t exist

(bluetooth-applet:21595): Bluetooth-WARNING **: Could not open RFKILL control device, please verify your installation

** (nm-applet:21592): WARNING **: Could not initialize NMClient /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.234" (uid=1004 pid=21592 comm="nm-appl
et ") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" member="GetAll" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" (uid=0 pid=762 comm="NetworkManager ")
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension

** (nautilus:21588): WARNING **: Can not get _NET_WORKAREA

** (nautilus:21588): WARNING **: Can not determine workarea, guessing at layout
< < <

In the session log it also has this error:

SessionPath not defined
< < <

I wonder what I should do. Why doesn't it start with an 800x600 window like i had defined? Why does it open X11 up all the way to the size of both of my monitors? Why can't I see any GUI elements? So weird.

BTW a Bitnami Ubuntu instance runs on Amazon EC2. Bitnami makes pre-made linux installations that already have things like apache and solr installed, etc.

Jon