[X2Go-User] Keyboard problem with Del key in XFCE

Javier Cacheiro Lopez jlopez at cesga.es
Thu Jan 9 17:39:16 CET 2014

Hi,

I am trying to debug a strange problem with the keyboard in a x2go
session to a server using XFCE and OpenSuse 13.1.

The session works fine but the "Del" key does not work.

These were the steps I followed:
  - Initially the "Del" key behaved like the print screen key and there
were other keys behaving oddly like Insert key or cursor keys that did
not work
  - Changing x2goclient session preferences from current preferences to
keyboard map "es" and model to "pc105/es" did not do produce any change
  - Modifying XFCE keyboard configuration and specifying the keyboard
model as "Generic 105 key (Intl) PC" in the advanced options makes the
cursor keys work and "Del" stops behaving like print screen.

I have checked session.log and the only error I see is:
     nxagentXkbGetRules: WARNING! Failed to stat file
[/usr/local/lib/nx/X11/xkb/rules/xorg]: Unknown error -1.

In fact this warning appears also in other server I have running
Scientific Linux 6.4 and Gnome where keyboard works correctly.

Running xev I see "Del" key is not recognized as a KeyPress event but as
a series of FocusOut, FocusIn and KeymapNotify events:

FocusOut event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
     mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
     mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
     keys:  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0 0   0
            0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0 0   0

I would really appreciate any hint about how to continue debugging the
problem.

Thanks,
Javier