[X2Go-User] CTRL+ALT+T not working in MATE

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Jan 8 10:58:28 CET 2014

Hi Jean

On  Mi 08 Jan 2014 06:15:58 CET, Jean Gottschalk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu installation, which is running
> x2goserver, to 13.10. I used to use GNOME as a window manager, but since
> 13.10, gnome seems to require 3D acceleration and can no longer be used
> with x2go, event in fallback mode (anyone, please tell me if you found a
> way to make gnome work in 13.10).
>
> So I installed MATE and upgraded x2goserver to 4.0.1.11 (Unfortunately both
> at the same time).
>
> Since then, the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT + T (which is the only
> shortcut I am using) is not longer working.
> After x2goserver upgrade, I have files /etc/nxagent/keystrokes.cfg and
> /etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg (which were not there before) and they both
> contain a definition for CTRL + ALT + T to terminate a session.
>
> Not sure what to do next. Is it perhaps a known issue that CTRL+ALT+T does
> not work in MATE, or perhaps a known issue in the current version of
> x2goserver?
>
> Any advice is appreciated!
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jean

the described scenario is exactly the reason why one of the devs (arw
from Uni Erlangen, Germany) provided the keystrokes.cfg patch.

Put another hotkey combination into the keystrokes.cfg file for
session termination (/etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg) and then CTRL-ALT-T
should work again in MATE.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31