[X2Go-User] https broker-url and Windows x2go client

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 05:09:26 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 5:22 AM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> Am 24.02.2014 10:55, schrieb Thierry Kauffmann:
>
>> But, I keep getting a connection error (Failed Authentication) from a
>> Windows x2go client (I am testing with version 4.0.1.3 on Windows XP).
>>
>> Bug has already been filed (*258 days old)*:
>> http://bugs.x2go.org/db/22/229.html
>>
>> It is extremely annoying : It prevents us from deploying x2go largely in
>> our University !
>>
>> Any plans to solve this issue ?
>
> Bonjour, Thierry, and welcome to the mailing list.
>
> For starters, we have recently acquired a new volunteer maintainer for
> the Win32 builds of X2Go, Mike DePaulo, known here informally as Mike#2.
>
> I am CC'ing him here so this gets his attention.
>
> Also, if there are bugs that you wish to see solved quickly, there's
> always the option of putting up a bounty or to contract one of the
> work-for-hire kind of developers present on this list, like Mike Gabriel
> (Mike#1) or Oleksandr Shneyder (Alex).
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Hi Thierry,

As the saying goes, "I feel your pain".

My 2 priorities with the time I have to contribute were the following
before i read your email:
1. Setup the automated/jenkins build system for Windows builds.
2. Implement a better fix for bug 363. Specifically, getting
pulseaudio for win32 3.0 or later to work properly with x2go.
(Currently trying to fix pulseaudio bug 75418 in 5.0's release
candidates.)

I am going to make fixing x2go bug 229 my 2nd priority now. But I
cannot make any commitment as to when I will have it fixed.

-Mike#2