[X2Go-User] https broker-url and Windows x2go client

Thierry Kauffmann thierry.kauffmann at univ-montp2.fr
Mon Feb 24 10:55:49 CET 2014

Hi,

As this is my first post on the mailing list, I would like to
congratulate the development team for the great work with x2go : It is
allowing us to give access to our Linux image outside the wall of the
Faculty at very low cost.

I have set up an x2go broker server with https enabled : Apache Virtual
Host + wsgi + plain + inifile + pam_ldap authentication.

Connecting to the broker and getting connection profile works like a
charm from an Ubuntu 12.04 x2go client (using
--broker-url=https://x2go_broker_ip/plain/inifile)

But, I keep getting a connection error (Failed Authentication) from a
Windows x2go client (I am testing with version 4.0.1.3 on Windows XP).

Bug has already been filed (*258 days old)*:
http://bugs.x2go.org/db/22/229.html

It is extremely annoying : It prevents us from deploying x2go largely in
our University !

Any plans to solve this issue ?

Best regards,

--
<http://www.fdsweb.univ-montp2.fr>

Thierry KAUFFMANN

Chef du service informatique (SIF)

Tél : +33 4 67 14 31 58 <tel:+33%204%2067%2014%2031%2058>

Mail : Thierry.Kauffmann at univ-montp2.fr
<mailto:Thierry.Kauffmann at univ-montp2.fr>

CC 437 - Place Eugène Bataillon. 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5 - FRANCE.

www.fdsweb.univ-montp2.fr <http://www.fdsweb.univ-montp2.fr>

FACULTÉ DES SCIENCES/ UNIVERSITÉ MONTPELLIER 2