[X2Go-User] Minimal distro with login manager

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Feb 21 23:16:57 CET 2014

Hi Jos.

On  Fr 21 Feb 2014 18:52:03 CET, Jos wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, i am now installing the thinclient package on
> a kvm virtual machine. One thing that I noticed on the wiki is this
> writing:
> X2Go TCE requires a local area network (LAN) that is at least
> switched at 100MB/s. The X2Go Thin Client chroot distribution is not
> designed to work over the internet or on low bandwidth connections
> This would mean that the pxe server can only be operated on LAN?

The PXE server serves a complete linux chroot via NFS. For this you
need quite some speed on the network, otherwise the thin client
machine behaves slow.

Also PXE is served via DHCP. DHCP is only something you have on local
networks.

It is possible to work around both issues with a tool called iPXE, but
I have never tried that.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31