[X2Go-User] Minimal distro with login manager

Jos jos at ossolutions.nl
Fri Feb 21 13:17:49 CET 2014

Hi all,

I came across this question on the user list
https://www.mail-archive.com/x2go-user@lists.berlios.de/msg00460.html

Jonathan Brown
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=x2go-user@lists.berlios.de&q=from:%22Jonathan+Brown%22>
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:05:59 -0800
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=x2go-user@lists.berlios.de&q=date:20120223>

Hi all,

A cursory reading of the online lit I found relating to x2gothinclient
seems to require that the stations all pxeboot...

I don't want thinclients that pxeboot.. what I need is a minimal OS that is
setup to autologin to X and then pyhoca-cli to the x2go-server... can the
x2gothinclient packages do this say on a minimal debian install for the
thinclient.. ?

Since I did not see this capability, I already built from scratch a minimal
Debian 6 that does an autologin into X using gdm/matchbox wm, and then
created a script that force loops a username/pw graphical dialog using yad
(zenity fork)... suffice it to say this works well... but I'm thinking if
x2gothinclient already had the capability to do this then I did it all for
nought.. except it was definitely a good exercise...

Mike has replied
https://www.mail-archive.com/x2go-user@lists.berlios.de/msg00469.html

I would sure like to know if this has got a follow up, but can't find
anything more about it on the list.
Since i would like to create a minimal iso also with only a the login
manager to access the x2go server, if would like to know if someone has
succeeded in doing so.

Regards,

Jos.