[X2Go-User] Keyboard mapping problems w/Fedora

Cohen, Neil ncohen at verisign.com
Mon Dec 29 20:00:03 CET 2014

I have x2go sessions running from my Mac to Openstack RHEL6 images without any problem. Today, I tried using a Fedora 20 Openstack image. The VM runs fine – I can ssh to it from my mac without any problem. When I start an x2go session (using KDE) it seems to create it fine – the display comes up and I can access menus and programs with the mouse. But the keyboard doesn’t work. If I open a terminal window, I can’t type anything – the mappings are all wrong – the letter ‘l’ (ell) maps to a ‘k’. The ENTER key produces a ‘j’. I was able to run system-config-keyboard (from an ssh on my mac) and it reports the keyboard as US-English, as I would expect. I was able to select colors and fonts in the terminal window using the mouse too…

Anyone have an idea on what I’ve done wrong, or how to fix it? It is possible that the Openstack image is not correct – this is a fairly new image at our office…

Also, I don’t see a System Settings program on the Fedora menu at all – any idea why I can’t get at that from the start menu? That is most likely a Fedora configuration issue, not x2go, but I’ll take any help I can get at the moment :)

Thanks,

nbc
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”