[X2Go-User] pyhoca-gui unable to establish connection

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Dec 18 10:26:53 CET 2014

Hi Mike,

On  Do 18 Dez 2014 00:51:29 CET, Mike wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As the subject says I'm unable to connect with pyhoca-gui anymore.
> This started on 12/04 after an update on Debian wheezy, both client
> and server side.  I am still able to connect with X2go client.  Far
> from a noob, yet I've just about exceeded my debugging abilities on
> this.  Pyhoca-[gui|cli] is also unable to connect with an up to date
> Jessie machine either, same results, log messages, etc.
>
> Ssh authentication has be stripped to just using a password, no
> keys.  Seemingly either gui or cli will just wait forever.  I've not
> timed it, but let it go around 20min this afternoon and the dialog
> box was still there.  Either KDE will terminate the dead processes
> after prompting or I do in manually in a shell.
>
> I can provide any more information if needed.
>
> Thanks for any input
>
> Mike

I stumbled over problems with password authentication yesterday, as
well (testing with pyhoca-cli).

I made some changes to pyhoca-cli [1, 2] and one change to python-x2go [3].

Can you install python-x2go, pyhoca-gui and pyhoca-cli from the
nightly builds repo of X2Go [4] and test with those versions? Do you
still see those issues then?

Thanks,
Mike

[1]