[X2Go-User] Pulseaudio doesn't start on Win7

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:25:31 CET 2014

Hi Ralf,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lately I have been working on building PulseAudio 6.0RC1; I was
> successful. Now I am making X2Go Client for Windows work with it.
> (There is a source code change required to X2Go Client for Windows.)
> Once I have a build of X2Go Client for Windows with PulseAudio 6.0RC1
> (or 6.0RC2, or 6.0 final, etc) ready, I would like you to try it.
> Perhaps PulseAudio's 6.0's new logic will work around the bug in your
> audio driver.

Please test PulseAudio 6.0 by doing the following:

1. Install this build
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/heuler/mingw32-4.8/qt-4.8/x2goclient-4.0.3.2-2014.12.08-ab034de-setup.exe

2. Delete/move/rename the "pulse" directory under the x2goclient install path.

3.Extract the contents of this folder to the x2goclient install path.
(Due to UAC, you may have to extract it to some place like your
desktop, and then copy the contents of it (the pulse folder) over to
the x2goclient install path.)
http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/3rd-party/pulse/testing/pulseaudio-5.99.1-3.1.zip

-Mike#2